Most everyone probably watches Letterman now, but I still watch Leno when I can stay awake that late. I know that most of the people on TV are more liberal, democratic than I am, but it is really driving me crazy anymore...
...like why is it pretty much ONLY President Bush's fault that the Katrina area didn't get evacuated in time? What part of M-A-N-D-A-T-O-R-Y E-V-A-C-U-A-T-I-O-N was so hard for people to understand?!?! I'm sick of hearing about everyone criticizing everything and everyone...can't we all just work together to fix things that go wrong instead of placing blame on everyone else...
...or why do we keep criticizing the overweight people of our world when shows are not passing up the opportunity to promote the foods and drinks that cause the problem. We can't totally blame the advertisements because we all tend to pass on saying "when" to stop eating what isn't good for us, but come on, give us a break on advertising. I watch the short amount of TV with Carissa a day that we allow, and I am amazed by the McDonald's commercials that don't advertise any food, yet when we drive by a set of golden arches she yells "FRIES, FRIES!!" There's something there, I just can't figure it out...
...Joe made a good point the other day when we were in the car...what are people thinking when they put political bumper stickers on their cars and then they're there for good--what if you had the losing party on your car...I keep thinking of that every time I see a Kerry 2004 sticker in this area...
...Also, he noted that with the President's worst approval rating overall, Kerry still lost to him a year ago next month...ummmmmm?!?!
...Why is that when you sit down to try to get real work done, all you can do is stare at the screen trying to remember what was so important...Sometimes I just want to build blocks and have a simple day like Carissa does...
...My final thought for today is simple...I stink at the whole Pigskin Pick Em and it's driving me crazy to see Joe, Nathan, Fara, Taylor, and basically everyone stay ahead of me through the beginning of the season...I will have revenge and triumph(probably not, but it's worth the thought). I'm pretty sure Carissa would be beating right now if she had made up her own entry...
3 comments:
Hey, thanks for the link to your blog... I made sure to add a little special post just now... one way of me saying thanks for a great Sunday and for catching up on life and ministry.
Ok, I will let you in on a secret for picking fantasy football or anything else like this (I always do this for college basketball). Forget statistics, averages, talent and anything else that would influence a team or players. Pick soley based on superficial things.
For example, for college basketball, I fill out my brackets using my favorite cities and places that I've been that I've enjoyed. It's the dumbest strategy in the world, but yet I've always done very well!
Then, not only do you start winning, but you make people who really care about the game really mad because they know you don't know what you're doing. :)
Kristen, I do have to admit that when I worked in Lincoln they used to do a football "lottery" of sorts. I would stand there and ask what color the teams wore and that's how I would pick the teams I wanted each weekend. It drove all the guys crazy listening to my illogical choices in teams--sometimes I could really show 'em up...
Post a Comment