Since Carissa was born I've probably missed 3-4 Sundays when she has been sick. That's pretty good considering she is now 2 years old. Today, we got up, started to get everyone ready and we knew the inevitable was going to happen. Carissa gets a cough and gets worn down with it. She was totally dressed and then started to cough and eventually just melted into a pile on the bed--crying. She wants so badly to go to church any time she can. Joe and I both, in our own times, decided it was best to have her stay home. I know this is best now because she is laying down on her Dora couch, barely moving(could be Tylenol-induced). She wanted so badly to go to church she was willing to get up and get dressed and then she must have run out of energy!! Why aren't we like this more as adults--wanting that badly to be at OUR FATHER'S HOUSE every single week? I'm just as guilty as the next person, and I realize the reasons Carissa wants to be there are different than ours, but she starts naming all of the people she's going to see when we say we're going to church. Also, as soon as we pull into the back parking lot, she starts pointing and saying, "Daddy's house! Daddy's house!!" Joe always stresses that it really is her "Daddy's House" but she really doesn't know the truly innocent statement she is making each time she says that.
Do we as Christians cheer with excitement, "Daddy's House! Daddy's House!!" every time we go to church, or do we make it some kind of mundane schedule interruption that we feel we "have to do" every week?
It gives you something to chew on and me too, since I am at home with the girls today. I need to think about what it means to be at church the rest of the times and really be aware of what I need to be for God, not myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment