Saturday, September 8, 2007

September


Well, we sent our oldest, Carissa, to her first day of Preschool on Wednesday. She wore her favorite dress, carried her Princess folder, and made the 500 foot or so trip over to the church building at 8:20 am. I took pictures before we left as she sat and worked on a puzzle, took pictures out on the deck, and snapped a few as she walked across the backyard. She has been SO excited about this for so long!! I don't know that I've been excited, but I'm really trying to be brave...the question is--shouldn't it be Carissa wanting to be brave? I'm not sure if I'm just shocked that she is old enough to go to school or if I'm just not handling it well! I don't know why I wouldn't handle it well, but that seems like the reason...


She is a great little girl so I know she will be great with other kids--as long as it's not Jocelyn!!


Jocelyn took the first day in stride, but walked up to me throughout the morning asking "Where's sisssssssy?" I would say "She's at school" and she would then hang her head and try to repeat it back to me in her Jocelynese words!!


Life is busy...I'm still working away at schoolwork, Joe is taking Seminary classes, we're co-teaching a Sunday School class, he's starting a Prayer Meeting on Sunday nights, we are both teaching classes for Wednesday Night Church, and then we still try to spend a little of time at home relaxing. Carissa's preschool is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with her dance class also on Wednesdays. So, needless to say, Wednesday nights are an "early to bed" night for most all of us at this point.


We also got to experience our first Pana Labor Day Parade last Monday. It was about 2 hours long, but the girls, my Mom, and Joe and I, really enjoyed it. Our church entered a float of "Jonah" and they won FIRST PLACE!!!! It looked awesome and everyone who worked on it did a great job. It had a tail that moved and a water spout on the top that actually shot out water!!


Well, I've avoided my paper for long enough this morning--hope you're enjoying, hopefully, the end of HOT weather!!

2 comments:

ret said...

I always had to pull Shawna from the car and that was after much coaxing at home to even go to school! Be thankful she's eager and excited! Must say though, a bit of my heart always enjoyed knowing she wanted to stay with me. Hard either way.

That picture of the tree is gorgeous. Happy fall. It's still hot here in Q-Town but cooler temps are promised...

Congrats on the float. Good ol' MPCC has had their share of prizewinners over the years. Jonah would have been a fun theme. Tell your parents hi!

Loretta

The Mollet Family said...

I wish I had taken the picture...but it was one the pictures on my NEW computer's memory as a token of their help in showing me how to use the picture program to its utmost ability.

I will tell my parents "hello" as we will be making our annual trip to Brown County this coming weekend.

Enjoy your week.