Thursday, April 17, 2008

37 Days and Counting...

DISNEY is only 36 1/2 days away (now that I finally got the little picture to post!!)


So, I have tried to start working on GARAGE SALE stuff--and I never really understood just HOW difficult it is to find everything I need to purge, actually decide to get rid of my stuff, and getting it ORGANIZED in some kind of manner.

MOM--I've never had more respect for you in the time you put into each garage sale we had. I'm pretty much on my own doing it, so Joe can entertain the girls so they won't freak out when they see stuff that I am getting rid of. So many clothes don't fit, but I always hung out to it all!! What, did I think they would magically fit back into the clothes?!?!

I'm getting more and more excited about DISNEY (like anyone couldn't tell). I've bought some new clothes for the girls and just washed them and packed them into their respective suitcases. Maybe this will make the time fly by before we leave!

I have 3 more class sessions for the class I'm in now, and then I have a 9 week break--and I am READY!!! Its been great to get so many classes out of the way with LincUp, but I'm not going to lie--I'm ready for a break. I won't have to start back up until mid-July. I'll stay busy with VBS, church, outside play, bike riding, and lots of evening walks with the family...

I've done a lot of reflecting the past few months and I really feel like I'm adjusting to small town living. (I always thought Lincoln was small, but Pana is definitely smaller) It's nice to know a lot of the people, be able to let the girls play on the back deck, and be able to go for walks without a lot of traffic around. We're within about a mile of a great park and we've already been a few times--at least on the dry days!

I got to mow on Tuesday and I know it doesn't seem like a fun time--but I actually enjoy the time to just ride and think...We've stayed pretty busy, so when we do get some down time, we've been trying to keep up on yard work and cleaning up outside the parsonage.

I hope everyone else has been enjoying this nice weather we've had this week. I love opening the windows and enjoying the outside air coming in allowing that nice "clean" smell in the house.

No comments: