Even though we've been home from Disney for 10 days, I have not gotten around to posting any pictures...but we've kept busy!!!
Today, well actually last night, Carissa and Jocelyn were doing their "bridges" from tumbling class and Jocelyn decided to "jump" on her. Well, I thought it was a typical "drama cry" because we had friends over, so I got her ice and let her relax. I gave them bathes and hoped that they would go to sleep early. The rest of the evening was uneventful and I had hoped everything was fine...
This morning, her arms looked different from the other...so, I took her up to the ER and they took an X-ray and we waited...the Doctor came in and said, "She broke her arm--at her elbow." I couldn't believe it! Seriously?!?! I had said all along that I thought Jocelyn would be the one to break a bone first--and as my brother said it: "She did break something first--it just wasn't anythinng of hers!" TRUE, TRUE, TRUE!!!!!!!!
So, we took a trip to Springfield, saw a ped. orthaepedist, she picked her cast color, and on it went...she will have it on for 3 weeks (June 30) but won't be able to swim or get it wet at all. She has developed a FEAR of bugs, so she thinks she won't be able to play outside the whole time! Crazy thinker that she is...here are a few pictures of the doctor's work...
P.S. To top the day off, while picking up Jocelyn from a friend's house, I closed the sliding van door on one of my fingers!!! Went home, tried to shake it off, but it just kept swelling...SO, you guessed it...I went to the ER, had my own x-ray and found out I broke my finger!!!! Seriously!!!! How could that happen to anyone else?!?! So. they relieved the pressure in my finger (I won't go into details about this), put it in a splint, gave me some pain medication and sent me on my way!
No comments:
Post a Comment