I LOVE this time of year...lights, decorations, gifts given to others, and all of the different hopes, feelings and dreams that we share with one another.
Our lives always seem to get pretty crazy busy this time of year~but I'm sure most people feel like that around this time of year, right? I do wonder though, how do our homeless prepare for the holidays? I'm watching recent episodes of "White Collar" and it is shocking to me at the amount of homeless people in our world...I know there have always been homeless people, but we are approaching a time when we will have more and more homeless--including more homeless veterans. These men and women have served our country, maybe been injured fighting for our country, and we are not doing as much as we should for them...I don't know what I can do, but I am willing to find out something that I can do to help these "Unsung Heroes" of our country. I know not everyone believes we are right to be fighting in the Middle East BUT we are responsible for our actions as a country supporting it's military...what can be done???
Just deep thoughts on this Monday afternoon, but hoping that we can all find a way to help someone, show someone that we care with the hopes that it will continue on through each and every person we come into contact with during this holiday season...
1 comment:
Christmas period is my favorite, as you told for lights, decorations and presents for family & friends ... But this is year you are waiting for a special gift, so a really Happy Xmas and my special congratulations! :-) PS: I like the Xmas look of yr blog!
Post a Comment