Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcoming Myself Back...to Blogging

Facebook has taken me away from my blogging...but, I am going to try to start this up again...so bear with me.

Life is, well, crazy at times with our family these days. Carissa and Jocelyn played soccer this fall along with starting dance/tumbling/jazz and Girl Scouts. Between Joe and I we spent time at their soccer practices/games and I jumped head first into doing Girl Scouts for the 3rd year in a row. This year, we have 40 girls! It's crazy, but fun. We have tried to get into a routine with our meetings, but one never knows how crazy it might be with that many little, giggly girls!

Jocelyn is LOVING school as is Carissa. Kindergarten has been a true social experience for Jocelyn--she has quite a few "BESTEST" friends and she seems to be thriving in her class. Carissa is above and beyond her grade level (2nd grade already!) and is a knowledge machine lately. She takes it all in and just keeps learning and growing.

Joe is staying busy with church things/meetings/visiting/bible studying and is also subbing for the school district on occasion. He did not have any classes this semester and only has 3 more to complete to graduate in May 2012 and I am a little over a year from my graduation too!

Family time is at a minimum some days/weeks, but we are trying as much as we can to sit and enjoy a meal together most nights and we are usually wiped out by the end of our evenings. Joe takes Tuesdays off, so he and Dawson and I usually try to go to lunch together.

Zumba has become one of my 2-3 times a week exercise times, but I can't wait to actually see the weight drop and feel the ENERGY you should have after doing the workouts! HA!

Overall, life has been treating us pretty well. The holidays are upon us and we have much to be thankful for...Hoping everyone's holidays are spent with those they love!

No comments: