Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Babysitting

Watching a child can be scary, fun, exciting, full of new things, and really just a bunch of unexpected things. Monday was one of those days. Our little girl surprised many on several occasions during the day.
The biggest surprise was finding out she has three more teeth than we thought. You always see the front teeth and expect them, but at one point yesterday she opened her mouth to eat something I was giving her to eat, and I noticed some molars. There in the back of her mouth were three new teeth. It was so funny to find them.
While watching a child you still have to continue with life. I was making lunch when I noticed her walking towards me. I could not help but laugh as she had pulled my stocking cap over her head and down below her nose. She reminded me of that character in Fat Albert. She was just walking away. I do not know how she did not hit something. It was just hilarious.
Carissa continues to amaze me and make me laugh. We went to see Natalie (a girl in the youth group) play volleyball. She kept reaching for the ball. It of course was 10 rows down and out on the court, but she would reach for it anyway. Like if she reached far enough she could grasp it. Kids always reach for what the can't have. They haven't been told by the world that they can't have it.
Those were the biggest highlights. I cannot stop thinking of what will happen next.
Random thoughts.
--if a person messes up the final point of a game, did they cause the loss or was it all the other mistakes that were made by the team?
--why do we keep doing silly things to make a child laugh, even when it hurts us (ie hit ourselves, trip and fall, cough until our throat hurts)?
--isn't it great to sit and watch baseball?
Love In Christ,
Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, Carrisa is so cute. I hope I have a baby that's as fun and happy as she is!

Lowery said...

It is fun to just sit around and watch baseball. And I am especially excited now to sit around and watch Rick Ankiel play outfield. Okay, what the heck is going on with that?!? Oh well. Now he'll get prime opportunity to show off some wild throws from left. Geesh.