Monday, August 29, 2005

Rainy Days

Don't rainy days just stink? Especially when I know Joe has a day off, it stinks...We try to make outdoor plans and then have to change them when it decides to rain...But I am thankful it's only rain.

Rainy days make me think of many things...

...Don't you ever think about dancing in the rain--I know I sound cheesy, but it really is fun. Carissa has let me learn to like the rain again. She loves to look up and just open her mouth to feel the rain falling into it!! Kids are amazing that way.

...It makes me appreciate the fact that we get enough rain/precip to keep us alive by allowing enough food to grow and feed us.

...I also try to think of all the things we could do inside instead of being on the outside. I've sorted pictures before, I've watched movies before, I've cleaned more before, but most importantly I've NAPPED MORE!!!

...I always sit at the door and sing the rain songs to Carissa too!!

"It's raining, its pouring the old man is snoring...He went to bed, bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning!!"

"Rain, rain go away...Come again another day!!"

She usuallly laughs because I fill in "old man" with Daddy or Papa(Grandpa). She knows who the real the snorers are in this family.

Life just gets better and better with my family. Carissa is saying and doing so much more each day. She's growing like I can't believe. We are constantly amazed at her advancements. She is just an awesome blessing to us. We have tried to teach her how to say her soon to be little sister's name--so go ahead and give it a try to get it out of her! She talks to the baby and says "Love boo" for love you.

She is a dancing machine!! If she hears music she's movin' She sure doesn't have my rhythm, but she has fun. She and Daddy dance around pretty much every night. She'll be a hit at Uncle Brian's wedding in October. I know I'm going on and on, but who wouldn't?!?!

We are so in love with our life...God has given us so much and we are so thankful for it all. I need to remind myself to say that to Him more often...Do you?

No comments: