Tuesday, August 9, 2005

AHHH....Another Summer comes to an end.....

Wow!!! Once May and June hit it seems so difficult to find time to even think let alone update the blog.

We graduated 4 seniors this year...Gabrielle Blazier, Jen Hain, Ruthann Malsch, and Jon Russell. This is the first group of kids that Joe has had from the time they were in Jr. High through their graduation. It's amazing how the time flew but probably dragged by for them. We are happy to say that 3 of our kids are going to attend a Christian college this fall!! Jen, Ruthann, and Robby Bane are going to LCC in about a week. It's amazing how God works in people to let them see an opportunity like LCC and take advantage of it. We're sooooo excited for them. Deep down I will miss them all--their funny stories, their talks about anything, the trips we've taken with them. But I'm glad this is one trip they are taking on their own. They are going to love it all. I want them to soak all of college life in...

We have taken two trips to Milligan College this summer. We took 4 kids plus the 3 of us to CIY Summer Conference in June. We then turned around and took Robby and Jen to Lincoln to visit the school 3 days after returning from CIY (LOTS OF DRIVING). We then had a visit from Carissa's grandparents for the week of July 4th and then followed that up with the Jr. High Mission trip through CIY. We took 6 kids plus 5 adult sponsors. It was something new for most of the adults as well as the kids. Good work, good fun, good to get home. On July 29th, I headed to Illinois for a visit and Joe, along with 15 others, headed to Mexico for the High School Mission trip. They worked with a family to build them a house. It's amazing what these kids and adults can do in a week of work and dedication.

Along with busy trips with kids we have been preparing ourselves and Carissa for her new sibling arriving in November. We've had 2 ultrasounds and the technician told us that we are expecting another little girl...Joe's so great with Carissa and I know he'll be just as great with this little blessing. So, for now Carissa loves seeing babies, but I don't know how she'll be with one staying in our house.

We now see the summer coming to a close with VBS this week and a few more youth events. We look forward to a fall filled with exciting events: Youth Group Kick-off, Our annual Brown County trip and then our final long distance trip to my little brother's wedding in October. We are so happy to be traveling for this great day. He's marrying a great girl and we're getting another family member that will fit right in--but I don't know if that's good for Sarah or not....

Well, I need to get going. Carissa is not happy about a tree being cut down outside. I guess I'll have to sit and comfort her for awhile--ahh the torture of relaxation for a moment!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys updated - I was shocked to see a new post. :) The fact that Carissa needed to be comforted after seeing a tree being cut made me laugh - I can't wait to have kids. :)

You guys have had a busy summer, and I've missed seeing your face at our church. :) Can't wait till things get back to "normal!"