This reaches everyone who reads this from a place most of you don't refer to Pittsburgh as, BUT if you live here you know that this is STEELER COUNTRY
Today, Sunday, is a holy day. This afternoon, is a holy afternoon. The Steelers played and fortunately--THEY WON...This is always important because it sets the mood for most workplaces, schools, and other areas in Pittsburgh. We have learned as transplants to this area that A)if the Steelers lose--it'll be a bad week or B)if the Steelers win it will be a good week. It can kind of be compared to if we A)attend church it will be a good week or B)it will be a bad week if we didn't attend. What if that was all it took for us to have good weeks or bad weeks? But we do sometimes base it on things such as when OUR team wins or loses...
Well, that's my sports analogy for the week...on to more important or random thoughts...
Carissa is a great joy. Sometimes we have our weak times and she had a few this week. She was having a playdate with a little boy from church and decided to BITE HIM...I never thought I would have a biting kid!! Okay some of you may have just been waiting for it to happen, but I do have to say it was a little sad for me. I felt like I had actually been biting her to teach her to do it--BUT TRUST ME I WOULDN'T WANT TO TEACH THIS LESSON...When I picked her up I told her to apologize and in her little voice she says, "SOWWY" probably not even knowing what she had said or why she said it, but hoping it was on her mind as to why she was saying it...
She has now also realized that when we ask her to do something she says, "NO" and then looks at us when we ask a second time and then she eventually does the task and moves on to her own next project...
Life is great. This week we will be preparing to travel to Brown County in Nashville, IN on Thursday. You really never think about planning out the week of trip but I have...I LOOK SO FORWARD TO THIS WEEKEND ALL YEAR!!!!! Monday will be laundry day, Tuesday will be car day--oil change, tires and other assorted jobs, and Wednesday will be baking day--Oatmeal Cookies and Sugar Cookies for traveling and visiting this next weekend. I will enjoy most moments of preparing for the trip--minus Monday and Tuesday's activities, but I know the weekend will fly right by like it always does. Why is that? The most fun you have always goes right by--without even knowing where the time really went.
Well, not much more to say--or that I even said much...
Enjoy your week--you know we will here in STEELER COUNTRY
1 comment:
And it was an awesome game too, on Sunday! That Willie Parker! I'm supposed to be a Browns fan.... but the Steelers hype might be too much to handle around here! :)
Post a Comment