Well, I am refraining from titling this blog until I complete it's words...
I've read my brother's blog and discovered that including him, there are many people that cannot put into words the great fun of this past weekend. I repeatedly told Joe on the way to Indiana that I couldn't believe that my brother was getting married. Not that I didn't think that someone could love him, it's just strange to think about. Then Joe, in his infinited wisdom said, "Don't you think he felt the same way almost 5 years ago?" Yes I suppose he did, but come on I'm the big sister it's right for me to get married...I know Double Standard...
We traveled for a day and spent 2 1/2 days preparing for Friday and then I realized how excited he was to be marrying his true love...It was a great time and I know that from what people said and showed towards Brian and Sarah as well as to each other. I know for some of the people there it was like a college reunion of sorts, but for me it was seeing all of my brother's friends sharing in a blessing they had been praying for for him for quite some time. We all were praying for the right person to come along, weren't we?! The idea behind the toast at the reception was for the guys to all share there thoughts on what a community was to them(excuse the paraphrasing-I'm not the minister in our family), and each one shared a thought about Brian and how he had made a difference in their life. That says alot, doesn't it? When You can get enough guys up there willing to say their thoughts about someone they've known less than all of their lives, but who means so much...
We are tremendously excited about having Sarah join our family. I hope we are able to get to know her better and better for the rest of our lives. Thank you God for letting us share in this joyous time...
No comments:
Post a Comment