Saturday, October 8, 2005

October Thoughts

This October brings time to clean and reorganize before the next baby arrives in November. I started to prepare a few months ago, but I am trying to get a little bit done every week so I'm not overwhelmed as much as with the first baby coming home. I'm thinking more about what will she get into like Carissa did or what will Carissa show her how to do...The surprises of parenthood.

We've also been trying to get Carissa ready to be a big sister. She can say her sister's new name, but not too loud so maybe it's just a person she thinks is coming to visit for awhile. I think she's going to make a great big sister, but it's kind of scary to think about how chaotic everything will be. I know I can do it because other families have more than one kid, so we'll be fine...

Carissa has tried on her flowergirl dress at least 5 times and each time she stays upset longer when she has to change out of it. I just hope she'll like wearing it for the wedding next week. I still can't believe my brother is getting married. He just seems different now that he's growing up before our very eyes...

Mainly my concentration has been on trying to spend as much time with Carissa as I can before her sister comes along. It's so hard to think about having another little one to love this much. She continues to change every day. Today she enjoyed riding up and down the escalator at the mall with her Daddy. She just yells "Mommy, mommy" as soon as she gets me in her sight. I was at a ladies breakfast this morning and when I got home she came running across the living room to see me saying "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY" the whole time. It's great to have someone be that excited to see you when you walk in the door of your home...

1 comment:

Lowery said...

Carissa was beautiful. The whole family was beautiful. I left the weekend filled with joy and love for everything. And I missed you guys more than I ever have as I left. It was an odd feeling that caught me off guard. I love my family more than I ever have at any point in my life. I love you guys so very much and was thrilled to have you with me this last weekend.