AHHHHHHH......
Changing time...we had our cooler weather now we get the best part of the end of October: THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP TONIGHT. For some reason it seems so great to just know that you have the extra time, even if you choose not to use it.
I love fall. I like the cooler weather, the changing colors, and the anticipation of Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. Thanksgiving is Joe's favorite holiday but mine on the other hand is Christmas. I could start decorating for Christmas in October, but this year I've tried to make a purposeful effort to decorate for fall and Thanksgiving. It just doesn't seem as pretty as Christmas, but I'll do anything to keep the Thanksgiving spirit alive for my hubby. This weekend is a little more exciting because we will take Carissa trick or treating 2 times, maybe. She is going to be a princess, courtesy of a cute flower girl dress from her Uncle's wedding. We are going to the new mall about 30 minutes from here tomorrow night for indoor trick or treating and then going to a few houses on Monday night. It is of course a Steeler's football night, but we being from Illinois originally, are not breaking any kind of secret club outing rule by trick or treating on such a "holy" evening.
We went to the park today...and the first thing Carissa wanted to do was of course, THE BIG SLIDE!! She has no fear. We didn't ease into the park on the swings, or the merry go round, but instead the huge slide. She feels confident enough if Daddy follows her up but she slid faster than she had before...but she came down smiling and giggling. She and Daddy also rode the merry go round and she was brave enough to try to move around as it was spinning--braver than me!! (and Daddy I think:) She then went for the smaller slides and eventually the swings before heading home for some warm veggie stew for dinner. She really didn't like the stew, but I can at least pretend like she was warmed up by the idea of eating it...again another reason we love Fall--soup and chili weather.
Well, enough rambling...I wish to use that extra hour this evening to do some much needed cleaning--yeah right!! I'm not doing any if I can get away with it!!!!
Enjoy your hour
No comments:
Post a Comment