Tuesday, November 1, 2005

November

November is one of my favorite months...

...Most importantly, the weather is usually finally settling into somewhat of a routine...50s and maybe even dip down into the 30s. Joe hates this weather because I still insist on keeping the heat turned down to 60-64 degrees. I grew up in a house that was usually pretty cool in temperature, so I guess that carries over to your own house when your a grown up. THANKS FOR HELPING US SAVE ON OUR GAS BILL DAD!!!!

...I know I keep talking about my family(it is MY blog), but another exciting part of November is that Carissa's birthday is on the 29th. She was our little Thanksgiving surprise almost 2 years ago!! It is so strange to think of her turning 2, but some days I can truly tell that she is a toddler. She must get all of her, "I can do it myself" stuff from Joe, because I know I've always listened carefully to instruction and advice :) She loved trick or treating this year. She would just stare into her treat pail with pure delight that people were giving HER candy and all she had to say was, "TREAT?" and then a quick HAPPY HAWOOWEEN and FANK YOU!! (How she says the words). After we finished up at one the ministers' houses from church, she crashed before the Steelers game even started at 9 p.m. She loved visiting everyone we saw last night, but slept until 8:00 this morning trying to recover from all the fun...

...Another reason I always like November is that it is the month that has Joe's favorite holiday in it. Joe has always loved Thanksgiving. I've limited my anxiousness to decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving is even over, during our marriage. I still have the fall tablecloth out and the fall-y kind of decorations up, but it's killing me to not start on Christmas in the next week or two, since I don't know how much energy I'll have later...

...This also brings us to the time of our next little bundle of joy coming into our family. We've tried to prepare for the arrival, but when I made my last 2 appointments with my doctor yesterday, it really hit me!!! I'm going to be a mother to 2 little girls, more importantly, I'm going to have to try to raise them to be GOOD GIRLS and that is the bigger fear. I don't know if Joe is really as scared as I am, but I know how I was growing up and I can only PRAY that God will help me be a good mom, because it is as scary as anything else in my mind right now...

...With all of this in the month of November, I still look forward to Christmas. We celebrate such a blessed event and enjoy our family's company and have fun reminiscing about the past year. Our families and extended families have so much to celebrate on both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year--it couldn't be more exciting for all of us to look forward to...

No comments: