Tuesday, January 10, 2006

10 Days in January

Out of the last 10 days of this new year, we have either packed or unpacked on EVERY single one of them. We got back from Illinois on January 2nd and have been working furiously on the house. We have packed boxes and stacked them in our 3rd bedroom and continue to work away. I feel like I'm ahead of the game on laundry, only to find that I have to pack or put it all away after I'm done each time. I know once we're there I'll be happy, but I sure HATE packing. We have purged after our 5 years of binging!!! I think I've watched too much "Clean Sweep" on TLC to keep packing. I keep going with the "if you didn't use it within the last year, then get rid of it" but Joe doesn't always like this theory. I will admit it is hard to part with many of these "unused" items, but we've got to be strong...

On another note, Carissa has taken one of the storage boxes and is putting her toys from the living room in it and then she pushes it around--something I do so I don't have to lift it to move it!! She really has no idea what we're doing, but she loves to play with everything while we're doing it! Jocelyn just cries when she wants to be held for awhile or is hungry.

In preparing for this move, I began to wonder when my first memory was...because I wonder if Carissa will remember ANYTHING about this home. This is her first home, and I don't know that she'll remember any of it. I know she'll remember some of the people from here, but that's about it, don't you think? She thinks wherever she sleeps is home, so I don't think it will even phase her that we're not here in Pittsburgh, as long as her toys and bed show up somewhere for her to sleep!

Speaking of laundry, Carissa is doing some decorating with ours, so I gotta go for now.

1 comment:

ret said...

I can imagine how hard it must be to move with little ones under foot, especially from a distance. The only times I have moved were local so we could do the one car load a time thing. Doesn't take long to "collect". But my in-laws moved into new houses all the time and had a real handle on the purging thing. My "stuff" drives Kevin nuts. Good luck with the packing. Tlgby...