Wednesday, August 8, 2007

HOME

Carissa is about to start school!! I can't believe that she is actually 3 1/2 years, potty trained, and ever adding to her vocabulary (more than she probably should be!). She is so excited that she gets to go to school in the same building that Daddy goes to work in everyday. I can already picture them walking across the parking lot (yes we're that close) holding hands as she jumps and talks with excitement about her day...

She is sooo excited about going to school like a "big kid" but it still just shocks me that the time is already here!! I'm excited for her, but still scared that I won't be with her every day...I guess I never thought I would feel so emotional about it, but I do--and more than I ever thought possible. Jocelyn and I will have three mornings a week alone to do our own thing. She talks, explores and entertains, but she'll have to do it "solo" without her partner in crime here to talk her into it!

Life in a small town has changed us already. We have gotten up before 7am to go for a bike ride with the girls (of course, not the last two weeks), we've visiting with church members in their homes and invited them into our home, we've put in our subscription for the local-2day a week newspaper--Joe's already been in it twice. It just seems like a more relaxed lifestyle, no hurry to get anywhere, no loud noises (although the fair is at the back corner of our yard in 3 weeks), everyone waves as they drive through town and we've had more time as a family to spend doing whatever we want--whenever we want. I realize the fall is opening season for the start up of events, but to enjoy a somewhat laid back summer has been great!

I am still working on myself to be more patient, relaxing, and healthier--but overall I feel better. I completed my first semester of year-round schooling with all A's, and it felt great!! It's been a long time since I've felt at ease--not stressed about life. Don't get me wrong, I'm still uptight about things I shouldn't be, but overall everything is starting to fall into place. We've had a lot of change in the past 3-5 years and it finally feels like we're HOME.

Enjoy the time left of the summer--fall is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I can understand, we also live in a small town and our neighbours are aslo friends. This is the thing we will miss the most when we will move. But luckly we don't go very far away from here.

ret said...

Glad you're settling in! And once again the pics of the girls are fun to see. They are really growing. Can't believe it. Enjoyed the update. Take care!