Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Days...






Life is always full of changes...


We vacationed last week and the girls got to ride horses for the first time--and they loved it!! Jocely had no fear and watched everything around her as her hungry pony stopped and ate and walked to stop and eat over and over. Carissa had the faster of the two ponies, so we lapped the rest of 'em. I've enjoyed reviewing the pictures. We had a lot of fun!


It was great to spend time doing whatever you wanted to do, whenever you wanted to do it!!


We are now in the midst of transition once again...we're moving...again! Joe has accepted a full-time preaching position at a church a little over an hour from Lincoln. It's exciting and bittersweet--similar to most moves. I have truly enjoyed being back in Lincoln, am excited about finishing my Bachelor's degree, and happy to be closer to family. Fortunately, I will still have 2 out of 3 of those things despite the move. We will still be close (at least its not 10 hours away) and I am going to continue to do my schooling--NO MATTER WHAT!!!!


So, needless to say we are in the packing mode once again. I feel like I could write a book on what not to keep, what to hang on to, what to box up and keep for later, and what is vital once you arrive in a new place. Although, I don't know how successful I am at it all!!!



3 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats on the job!! We will miss you and we are sorry we have not gotten together so much. We just got back from vacation, too! You pics are great... when is the move?

The Mollet Family said...

Read about your vacation...sounds like it was a great getaway.

On your question, we move June 30 and begin full time on July 1--nothing like rushing, eh?

ret said...

So does this move you closer to Brian and Sarah or further away? Still, much better than the 10 hour distance. Glad you've had the year closer to your parents..I'm sure they've enjoyed the girls.

Vacation pics look so fun. Love that age. Shawna still begs to go horseback riding when we go up north..she'll probably beg again this year!

Loving the book btw. And "I Spy" counts as reading, yes??? Lol.

Take care and good luck with the move!