I'm not a big fan of "resolutions" but I'd like to think I can make commitments. Over a year ago, I embarked on the "weight-loss train" but it quickly derailed--somewhere around July 2008. Fortunately, there are trains to "get back on" and I'm getting on one tomorrow. We have registered to be a part of a "Biggest Losers" competition sponsored by the local hospital. We named our team Hungry, Hungry Hippos. How funny is that?!?!
So, the Mollet Family is taking a BIG step tomorrow...we are changing our diet and somewhat our "way" of life. Our life will be better, stronger, and HEALTHIER. The girls are getting so active and I sometimes feel that I can't keep up. I have not always struggled with weight and being in shape--but, I just don't know where it went wrong?! Our goal is to lose at least 20 pounds by May--but my plan is to lose more than that! We purchased a treadmill and I'm using--even if it wears me out!! I started tonight, butthen I ate--way too much! So, I will need to use all the willpower I can muster to get started and stay on the path--to BETTER health.
In other news, I am so close to being done with my undergraduate degree--I can almost feel it! January and February are going to be tough, but we'll get through it and celebrate in May...
Christmas is done, decorations are down, and we are cleaning house this winter. We are working on our utility room and extra room (turning it into a playroom for the girls). Now that I have one garage sale under my belt, I am ready to do another one this Spring. We will be getting rid of stuff we haven't used, don't need anymore, and the things we keep trying to say "oh, we'll use this or that sometime" because we're not doing it. I am putting my foot down and getting rid of a lot of stuff and getting organized!!! Please feel free to leave suggestions--if you're an "organizedy" kind of person!
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
I am ALWAYS on diet... Usually I want to try one new, do for some weeks and then stop! Btw, I LOVE the new background: it's like the period between the winter's end and spring's begin. BTW, I am on facebook but don't use so often: search for Barbara Dall'olio.
Post a Comment