Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas

Christmas is my FAVORITE time of the year! I love the reason for this season, the lights, the decorations, the giving spirit, and watching the joy on peoples' faces.

I know that this time of year does not come without its negative side too. Like the ads that basically try to make people think that there is no God, or the fighting that goes on while shopping for the "perfect" gift. But now is the time where we must show others the love of God--not the anger we may have that only lasts for a fleeting moment! It's always easier said than done, but times call for us to be the Christians that God wants us to be--ALL THE TIME!

We celebrated our two girls' birthdays this last month and I absolutely love to see them growing up, BUT I don't want it too happen too fast. I feel selfish saying that, but its true! Carissa is already to the age that she talks about "when I'm __ next year, I want..." I remember always saying things like that and my Mom would always say "Don't wish your life away" but I still tried to anyway. I know I have to let her grow up and I am trying to embrace her life as becoming her own--not what I may want for her to do or not do, but allow her to learn from mistakes as well as the good experiences. She is already showing a maturity because of her willingness to give some of her money (that she earns for raking leaves, no less!) to offering on Wednesday night church. Wow!!! I don't think I was that way at this age, but it's just great to see her growing up in so many ways.

Jocelyn, is an emotional roller coaster these days. She is so happy when she's happy and REALLY mad when she is unhappy. She is loving dance/tumbling/tap and is really good at it--she had such motivation to go (being potty trained first) to class, she loves going to see "Miss Jodi" every week in her dance outfits and all! Life is usually pretty good for Jocelyn--as long as its going her way! She is definitely the entertainer of the family--loves to sing, dance, tell "jokes" and enjoys the attention!!

Christmas is upon us and life is going full-speed ahead and all I want to do is just slow down and enjoy it! Enjoy the time you have with family, friends, and others in your lives...the time flies by too quickly!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments: