Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"Cast Off Tuesday" Recap





























Yesterday, Carissa got her cast off! Oh, happy days...she did great through the removal, x-ray, and follow-up with the doctor.

We spent the afternoon together as a family and then met up with my friend Kira, from school, to eat with their family...her kids are considerably older than ours, but they all sat together and we had a great time catching up!

Last week, I spent a few hours working in the church office, so my other "duties" were a little delayed and had to catch up this week. I commend you working mothers~I don't know how you do it,even if you work part-time or full-time! The girls just sat in Joe's office and watched a movie and enjoyed a Veggie Tales movie or two...

Today, we have been home most of the day and its been nice! The weather is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! The windows are open, fresh air is moving through, and the girls are headed outside to ride bikes in the driveway. Tonight the girls and I are helping serve at the "Father/Son Banquet" and then back home after that. Tomorrow, we will be hanging around the house again, probably mowing for the July 4th festivities and then sticking around for some family time in the evening...we've been riding our bikes or walking most evenings and it's been nice to get out and about...

We have made a commitment to not eat out for the month of July~well, unless someone else is paying :) I know we do eat out too often, but I'm curious as to how much money we will save by not doing so at all for an entire 31 days! I know there are alot of people that eat at home all the time, but schedules get the best of us sometimes and we just get too lax in our commitment to eating healthier and cheaper at home! We'll see how this goes, but I think it will be a good adjustment for all of us.

No comments: