Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Daisy Scouts and Life


Carissa and I went to a meeting last night introducing her to the Girl Scouts...as of 7pm last night, Carissa is now a "Daisy Scout" She is pretty excited about it and so am I! I always wanted to be a Girl Scout, but it just wasn't really in the cards for me--I guess.


I'm traveling down a path that I hadn't put much thought into until recently...I DO NOT want to have my children SO busy that they don't have time to just "have fun" doing what they want. I have held back on her joining everything out there, but Girl Scouts seems to focus on how she can work with others, for others, and learn different things throughout her time as one. I think I will be helping with her "troop" because I am excited to see what they have to offer for young girls.


Jocelyn and Carissa are enjoying dance/tumbling/tap classes...Jocelyn is LOVING school, Carissa is LOVING it even more I think! I'm happy with what they are learning, excited to see what the future brings and elated that God is working in our lives on a daily basis.


No comments: