Today is only my second morning of "alone" time at home...both girls are at school on Mondays and I haven't had time to sit and just "be" in the quiet that is our home.
I am amazed at how much goes on in our house...even with no children around. The phone keeps ringing, the A/C kicks on/off, the dryer runs it's cycle...and so on. I know it's always been like this, but I don't think I've ever really been here when it's been this quiet for more than an hour. I love the sounds of the girls playing, meals around the table together, the rush to get out the door in the morning, and even the little arguments that often erupt from the living room or the girls' bedroom. However, when all is said and done, I don't know if I'm going to ever get used to the quietness of the girls being gone on a daily basis. Never thought I'd say it, don't know if you'll see me say it again on here, but it's out there!
Today, I've handled some bill-paying, some phone calls that needed to be made (without anyone talking in the background on my end!), started everything for supper, and washed the dishes. My plan was to read my book for tomorrow, but I've become absorbed with housework instead! I will get into a routine, but it's kind of nice only having to worry about me. I worry daily that the girls behave, have fun, stay healthy and learn something new each day, but I know that God is watching over them and that they have had a good, Christian foundation in our home...is it always peaceful here? NO! Is it always sunshine and rainbows? NO! Do they know that we love them? YES! For this I am thankful...
Got a picture of the girls this morning before school...they are GREAT!
2 comments:
When children are at school, the house is so strangly quiet that it seems empty! But when children are at home, you would have some peace and silence... :-) BTW, the new look of yr blog is wonderful!
Thanks! I feel we get to know one another through the kids growing up, starting school, and soon...I love using thecutestblogontheblock.com for it all!!
Post a Comment