
I'm not big into working in the whole Santa topic at Christmas, but I kinda like this idea..."the Elf on the Shelf" is a "bribing" tool for Christmas time...I got the idea from a friend and we are introducing "him" tonight to the girls. We have already instituted a responsibilities/rewards chart for the girls and it has been slow-going, but they are getting the hang of it all.
Overall, life has been going well...of course, there are always little issues, certain types of people, and other things we are faced with in life, ministry, and parenthood. We have been in Pana for about 2 1/2 years and we have faced some good and some bad situations, but we are moving right along and working to be better servants for God. Are there times that I wonder~why minstry? why isn't there the perfect job out there? why aren't people the way I want them to be? why can't I be a better person? what can I do better? But, don't we all have these kinds of questions?
Joe preached on fasting as part of his sermon...I am fasting from something this week, but I don't know if it will work out for me or not...we'll see. I don't know if I'll blog about it, but I know that it's something I have to work on for myself to be a bettter person...a better mom and wife...and most importantly...a better Christian.
First snow this morning...hoping for more later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment