Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Mom, do you think God gets sick?"

Tonight, Carissa got sick...she doesn't really throw up often, but tonight, that seemed the quickest way for something to make it's way out of her. I hate it when my kids are sick, but it does bring them to their deep question time...

We were out to eat with some people from church and Carissa had said she didn't feel well, so we headed to the ladies room. She stood in there for awhile and then got sick~she wasn't happy that she got sick there, but we went home, I had her shower, put on her pj's and she cuddled up to watch some cartoons. About an hour after we got home she went running to the bathroom and got sick again. I stood and talked to her and explained that this just happens sometimes and it will all be over soon enough. She asked me if I ever got sick and I said yes...I think she just wanted some reassurance that it isn't just kids that get sick. She then looked at me and asked, "Mom, do you think God gets sick?" I was kind of awestruck for a moment and I said that I didn't think He did because He is the one who helps us feel better. She then looked at me and asked: "Mom, will you pray for me?" W-O-W!!! I can't even imagine where that came from but it had to be her Daddy coming out in her...they pray for people all the time when they hear sirens, see an accident happen, or hear of someone being sick. So, needless to say, I prayed for her to feel better and said that I knew God would take care of her and allow her to feel better...

She is sleeping in the recliner with Joe tonight and seems to be feeling okay...she hasn't run a fever, but just says she doesn't feel well. Hoping she just had a short-lived "bug" and we can all move past it and stay healthy. I should be thankful we've made it this far without anything major happening, but overall I am THANKFUL for healthy children. I hear of so many sick children, but thankful I have two (almost 3) healthy children!!

Happy "rest of the weekend" everyone!

No comments: