Yesterday, I experienced something with Jocelyn...I had to make a phone call to one of our utility companies (and we all know it's usually never just a quick 5 minute conversation with someone) and the girls were in the living room playing.
I was wrapping up the conversation when Carissa came in and said to me, "Jocelyn has sticky stuff in her hair. It's gum!" Really? Really? I guess if it was going to happen, it would happen to Jocelyn.
I "googled" the following: "How to remove gum from hair" Ironically, thousands of hits appeared on my screen. I first tried ice to harden it and then tried to get it out--no success. I called Joe (he was probably heading home soon anyway) and he came home and read to me the next option to remove the gum. He went to the cabinet while I called one of the ladies from the church who does hair. I did the whole "Hypethetically speaking..." introduction about what had happened and she said she had heard that peanut butter works because of the oil in it. Otherwise, she said if I had to cut it out to try to "feather it" so it wouldn't be a blunt cut section of hair.
So, Joe started the "peanut butter treatment" while I waited to comb through the matted peanut buttered hair. It took about 3 "applications" but we got it all out and put her in the bathtub. She was NOT happy with us because it hurt her hair to comb through the peanut butter/gum mixture. Joe explained that if she kept putting sticky stuff in her hair she might end up with hair like him--bald! She didn't like that idea, so she slowly calmed herself down and slowly recovered from the peanut butter trauma.
Life went on and we continued on with our evening. Carissa had a pizza party and then we joined back up with her for a bird show at the high school gym. Carissa sat with her friends to watch and we sat with some friends up a little higher than she was. The third bird that they presented to us was a Bald Eagle...Jocelyn was SO impressed by the size of the bird when he expanded his wings...she was even more impressed when he pooped on the floor! She turned to me and said, "Mom, the Eagle pooped and it hit the ground and went SPLAT!" She knows how to replay any event...with extreme accuracy!
They keep me on my toes and I want to take it in and continue to love them and care for them as best I can!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment