I am probably the most prepared for one day a week...Wednesdays. Since I have class at 8am in Lincoln, I have to get everything ready the night before. Now, I realize that working Moms do this every, single night, but for me it's kind of exciting to see how much I can get ready in order to make the morning go as smoothly as possible when I'm not here. So tonight, after supper, the girls took a bath while I made treats for them (cupcakes), packed Carissa's lunch for school (also packed Jocelyn's in a lunch bag because she's always wanting to eat hers out of a lunch bag too!), got their outfits ready (Valentine's Day parties are tomorrow), and then tried to get as much ready for breakfast time as I could. I always end up calling about 4 times during my ride to Lincoln, but I just don't know what to do without having to do it myself--does anyone else know what I mean?
Anyway, the day will come and go without me being there to start their morning with them, but I like the idea that I have gotten as much ready for a good start! After a snow day today, we have spent a good deal of time together and I'm really hoping they don't have to wait until next week to have their parties (out of school for school improvement/Lincoln's Birthday on Thursday and Friday) because they are so excited about giving and getting valentines from friends!
Here's hoping for a great Wednesday!
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I get frustrated that I never seem to discipline myself routinely. One night last week I actually went through my try-on-everything-in-my-closet-trying-to-find-something-that-still-fits-routine the night before and it made for a great start to the following morning.(and I had time to re-hang all the rejects too, instead of having a pile awaiting my on my bed at night...) I know exactly what you're talking about. Empowers the day too. Now if I'd just learn to make it a habit :)
Post a Comment