Thursday, March 31, 2005

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 4th Anniversary. Wow! I never thought I would be saying that. No, not for the reason you think. I just never thought I would be fortunate enough to have someone stick with me for so long. I think my previous best was 4 months or so.
The past 4 years has seen many good and some bad times. I know that through it all my wonderful, loving wife has been at my side. I have never doubted how much she cares for me, or how much she has sacrificed to be with me. I know that I am not the easiest person to live with. I am sure Rachel can tell you a few items that are pet peeves of hers. Yet she loves me beyond my faults and I am thankful for that.
I just wanted to let you know a few memories I have over the past 4 years.
--I will never forget the way she looked when she was holding Carissa for the first time. Her love was beaming from her whole body. She was so worn out, yet so excited. Rachel is not only a great wife but a great mom also.
--I always appreciate the fact that I get to check out all sounds, smells, and so on. Of course, I never actually see them, hear them, smell them, but since my loving wife does, then I will check them out. My absolute favorite is 2 minutes after I have put my head against the pillow, Rachel will ask, "Is the front door locked?" "Did I leave a candle burning?" or something that I will obviously have to check on.
--Some of my favorite laughs come during the night, when Rachel talks to me in her sleep. Quite often she will make a comment, or tell me to do something in her sleep. I am so glad that I do not have follow orders.
--My wife is such a caring woman. She wants what is best for children. Always. I can count on her being upset with some parents that--were not watching their child, did not take care of their child properly, or simply were too selfish to notice what their child was doing. She dislikes anyone that puts themselves before their children. This was a trait that my mother instilled in me, and one I simply love about Rachel.

All of these things may not be enjoyable to you, or may sound like I am complaining. Yet when you love someone, then even the things that seem painful bring joy. I may grumble about getting up to check on something, or I might lose a wink of sleep when she talks to me, but all of these things go into why I love my wife. I waited many years to find her, and am glad I did not get in a hurry. Thank you Rachel for 4 great years, no matter what the other circumstances in my life, you have made them great.
Love,
Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an incredibly sweet post, Joe.

I'm sure you guys had a wonderful day together.

Happy Anniversary!