I have the incredible honor of preaching this sunday at BCC. What? That is right. I am speaking the word of God this Sunday. You also are right, I should be working on the sermon and not posting a blog. Still, I wanted to get this written down while I am still thinking. I cannot imagine God choosing me to speak. I really cannot imagine God wanting to use someone of my character, my action, my life to speak on His behalf. As Paul says, I am the chief sinner (Joe's version). I truly do not know how God works through people in general. This person specifically.
Yet I am amazed that only through fools does God continue to work. Sure their are some great men that God has used, yet God also works through many fools. We are simply able to sit before Him and honor Him. Humbling oursevles and crying help to God. I do my best to simply let Him work through me. That is always my prayer.
I have been tasked with the idea of Jesus' humanity. No small task. I have many thoughts on this. However, you will need to come Sunday to hear them. Another thought that has come to me from my readings is our adoption by God. I am adopted into the family of God. The Spirit testifies on my behalf. I am amazed that through this adoption I am an heir. Imagine that. An heir to God. I cannot fathom.
I am struck by this thought...because I know Jesus, I know God. I know this is not a deep thought, but it is a deep statement. That is right. Have you ever thought about your knowledge of God without Jesus. What would you know? I wonder how messed up I would be without Jesus. In fact, how much would I believe in God without Jesus. Jesus is my understanding of God. Jesus is my example of God. I am without direction without Jesus' direction.
Mull that over. Run with that thought. Where are we without Jesus?
I'll have more to say on Sunday.
In Christ,
Joe
2 comments:
Wow Joe, I'm really looking forward to it. I will be there this Sunday, and I know you'll do a great job. You are a willing vessel and I know God will use you to reach all of us.
So I just remembered I'm going out of town this weekend and won't be in church :( I know you'll do a great job! I'll be thinking about you on Sunday morning!
Post a Comment