It is May already. Things have really been busy. The schedule for May does not seem to slow down much. The exciting thing is our daughter is so much fun. She definitely is headed into the terrible two's. Meaning she is searching out her boundaries. She still does not say many words so we are left to guessing what exactly she is grunting or crying for. However, I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to see her moving on to the next part of her life. God is amazing. The child He has entrusted to us is so cute. I know I am a proud father, but she just makes so many people smile. Her laugh, her joy, her overwhelming love for others is incredible.
I wish I could take credit for it, but that would be a lie. I know that Rachel and I do our best, but she goes way beyond us. We are not that awesome. Well, Rachel is. She truly overwhelms us with her personality. It amazes me how such a little one can make so many people smile.
Well, back to my original thought. Life moves fast. She used to be so stationary. You could guarantee where she would be if you left the room. Now, you have to put a boundary around her every where you go. She will move through any crack or crevice that is left for her to squeeze through. My personal favorite is when she starts through an area like a chair and the wall, and then gets stuck. She will wine until we move the chair so she can get by. No turning back. Always moving forward is her motto.
I look forward to tomorrow. I look forward to seeing how she will be different. Life moves so fast.
Random thoughts for today.
--I am amazed at how Carissa knows how to pick up the blanket when she is ready for a nap.
--Adult nap time should be a part of everyone's day.
--The words "High fructose corn syrup" just plain sounds good.
--You can always tell if something is bad for your body, if you stop eating or drinking it, does your body go through withdrawal. Then it is bad. Caffiene--bad, too much sugar--bad, candy--bad, Nyquil--bad, healthy food--no withdrawal symptoms, hmm. Further investigation is necessary.
--Why can't school be longer in the winter, shorter in the spring, and never during the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment