Well, I have to admit that yesterday I spent part of the evening watching some good/some bad TV. Whenever Joe isn't around I tend to try to watch SUPERNANNY!!! I know, I know--why, right? I think it may be that I actually feel as though I may be doing SOMETHING right with my own child by watching the destructive behavior of others' children. Last night was especially annoying. The mom kept trying to dress 3 of her four daughters the same EVERYDAY. She wanted them to "look" perfect. Sometimes, personally, I'm happy when I can get Carissa to even sit still long enough to get a brush through her hair. Other days she doesn't even know I'm doing her hair. The deal is, most of the time, at the age of 4, you're staying at home with them, aren't you?! Anyhow, the dad was a paramedic/firefighter, so he worked 2-24 hour shifts and then would be home. Now, the other key to the mom was that she was an obsessive/compulsive cleaner. Her husband said he could care less about the spotless house if he could have more time to spend with his wife. HELLO!!!!! Wake up and smell the coffee, mom? You've got to get it together...I don't think I will ever understand this show completely, but I guess all can be fixed for a family every Friday night, in about an hour...IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, on with real life...Carissa got her two year pics done this week. She totally posed for most of them. I think Grandpa (AKA PaPa) has taken too many pictures and she now knows what to do when she sees a camera! She did great and her reward was playing in the play area at the mall--she loves that germ-infested area and sometimes it breaks my heart :) I've really tried to restrain myself with the whole germ thing since she basically eats anything off the table, chair that she sits in, or even the floor!! Carissa also finally said, "Grandma" last night. The funny part is, is that she got her Noah's Ark, Moses wife, and started to play with it in her Weebles bus. She was sliding the "Grandma" figure down the slide saying, "Grandma slide! Grandma slide!" So, of course we called Grandma, formally known as "Nana" and let her hear it on the answering machine. Needless to say, she was very excited, and we aim to please here at the Mollet household.
Now, on to the rest of the month...I don't think I could think this baby to be born any quicker than I am right now. I've never been so ready to have any kind of medical procedure, but it has been alot more for me than last time. Maybe because I'm constantly chasing after a toddler around and doing everything else around the house. Carissa can say "Jocelyn" and she has a doll that she sits with sometimes. Unfortunately she also feeds her everything that she is eating or playin with--including Play-Doh!! This is her new fav. She could sit and play with Play-Doh for an hour or more. She just rolls it out and uses these cutters and other tools to make different piles of somethings!! It's funny because it's still fun at our age to play with it with her...What a cool invention-Play-Doh.
We are anticipating a pretty busy rest of November. Between youth stuff, other church stuff and a new baby as well as celebrating Carissa's 2nd birthday we'll be on our toes!!! Grandma and Papa are coming out for Thanksgiving, so everyone's excited about that trip. We also get to see Ruthann, one of the kids who is at LCC, for Thanksgiving. Rob, the guy that went, is going to TN to visit family, so we'll see him at Christmas...ALL in good time.
Well, off to do some weekend cleaning, eating, and napping...
No comments:
Post a Comment