
WOW!!! This last 30-45 days has just flown by...
We have settled into the apartment and learning to adapt to a smaller place. I think it is very wise to "clean house" about every 2 years or so. We, unfortunately, just kept moving the same junk and have finally purged enough to fit into this new place. It feels good to have given some things away and just get rid of some stuff.
Anyway, on to new and exciting things...
Jocelyn is growing like a weed(SEE ABOVE BEAUTIFUL PICTURE). She sits and watches her sister do just about anything, she turns and looks when she recognizes a voice and is so interactive with faces and sounds. She tries to make noise when anyone else is--which makes for a loud household at times. But I am loving every minute--okay, maybe a few crazy moments for dear mom.
Carissa is talking in complete sentences and can pretty much let us know what she wants, when she wants it and when she doesn't get it. She is working her way to potty training--all of us I think. She announces when you head to the bathroom that, "Daddy's going potty or Mommy's going potty" It's funny, but can be embarassing in a restaurant. She is very independent and can play by herself or with others. She loves that we live less than 200 feet from a great playground area and there are about 4-5 kids her age--all boys right now.
I've met a few of the moms out here and gotten to spend some time with them. It's also been really nice to see the girls spend time with their grandparents. I think it's a toss up most times on who is having the most fun--the girls or the grandparents. I also took a job working 1-2 nights a week at my favorite pizza place--Sorrento's. I work with some students from the college and seminary and it seems nice to be out for a little while during the week. I work this Friday for training and that is one of their busiest nights, so we'll see how I do...
Joe is doing great in his job. I goes in early some days but also has most evenings free. The season starts this Saturday and next weekend is the first set of home games. He's traveled a little bit so far, but he'll mainly be free during the summer for us to take little weekend trips with him having Fridays off. It's strange to think about having summers free--not that we weren't having fun on trips with youth, but it just seems so strange.
Overall, life is great. It will be even better once we sell the house in Pittsburgh. Hopefully once the weather warms up, it will move. Please pray for good news on that homefront.
We'll keep you updated. I need to get a picture of these girls up. I will do that soon.
5 comments:
I can relate to the request of selling a house. I wish God's blessing on you.
Nathan
Jocelyn is just adorable. Loving that little pink suit. Shawna would so have had that!
I hope John and Shawna wait a couple years...BUT...I also hope they have a girl first...so we can obsess with all things pink!
Glad you're settling in!
Well. Except for the fact I just noticed it has a Cubs decal on it!! Lol.
Yeah, when Joe was my roommate in college, he'd also announce the fact that he was going to use the bathroom... he did this both verbally and in other audible ways as well... I can see where Carissa gets it!
You have no idea...she is very much like her father...
Post a Comment