Wednesday, April 26, 2006

April Showers and maybe some May flowers

Wow!! This month has been filled with so many things.

We've gotten to spend some ridicously warm days outside playing at the playground that is just a short walk away. Carissa is a lover of the swing, of the slide and of the bouncey bridge that she loves to run back and forth on--daily. She has friends that she looks for every time we walk over. Her favorite friend to look for is Abe. Abe is a little older than her, but they go together like "peas and carrots" to quote a silly line from a movie. They can play together but also go their separate ways...and return to playing with one another.

Jocelyn is sitting up somewhat by herself. She is mimicking sounds and constantly watches Carissa--I think she's wondering when she'll be able to do all of the fun stuff. Right now she is just content to sit on anyone's lap and just laugh and look.

We were able to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Chicago for Easter. We spent time visiting, eating and just enjoying each other's company. Easter dresses are thankfully only for Easter, because I'm pretty sure if I kept putting Jocelyn in hers she would probably have it half eaten by now!! They were great and I love the time we get to spend with everyone.

Joe's baseball season is winding down. School is coming to a close and summer is upon us. Reminds me of how busy our summers have been since getting married. We did a lot of traveling and I miss the thought of it, but still enjoy the thought of having the summer to do--well summer things...What does one do in the summer? I think flower planting is high on our list for the beginning of May, but Carissa will appreciate it so much more and really have fun doing the watering and such.

We get to witness the baptism of Ruthann this Friday...what a wonderful thing to round out your week. I'm so proud of her. She's loving life, school, friends, family and everything in between. We hardly hear from her, so I know she's staying busy...

Well, gotta go for now. Hope everyone is enjoying there lives and living them to the way were intended to.

1 comment:

ret said...

Summer should be quite fun with the little ones. I loved Shawna as a toddler. So much fun. I loved Shawna as everything in between, but those first years were really special. And seem like a lifetime ago now. Glad you're all doing well. Post some Easter pics :)