Friday, May 11, 2007

My Favorite Things About Being A Mom...

My Top 10 List

10. Watching my oldest try to "discipline" my youngest ("Jocelyn Ainsley--you need to sit in the hall for 2 minutes; 2 minutes, 'kay?")

9. Seeing how excited both girls EVERY SINGLE time they see Grandma and Papa--even if its only been a few hours...

8. Seeing one of them do exactly what you do, with almost exactly the same mannerisms!

7. Listening to Carissa tell me the same thing approximately 10 times before I actually realize she is repeating herself...

6. Listening to them sing in the car to any kind of music--even if they don't know the words or if they know every word!

5. Watching them learn to do things on their own. In the last year I've watched Jocelyn learn how to walk, talk and keep up with her sister. And I've watched Carissa as she has become a potty trained "big girl", at a multitude of words to her vocabulary (some she picks up while playing at McDonalds--not so good words), and learn to ride a tricycle and pick out her first "big girl" bike.

4. Prayed with Carissa every night before she goes to sleep--letting me know if I forget anyone.

3. Watching them stand at the patio door and watch for Daddy to come home every evening.

2. Called to hear their voices from school or work and loved to hear them giggling with Daddy.

1. Watching them grow more and more every day...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY GIRLS

No comments: