
So, today Jocelyn told me that she "ate a ego" or translated--she ate a lego!! Now, needless to say this was not one of my shining great mother moments!!! Her voice had suddenly sounded different, so I tried to get her to cough--no change/drink water--no change...so I resorted to questioning her and she was adement that she swallowed a lego--a blue lego at that.
We spent a few hours here in Pana followed by an ambulance trip to Springfield. They did xrays and determined that they didn't want it to move and cause more problems. So, they put her under and "scoped" her and found--no lego. They did find that her throat was very irritated and they were pretty sure that she has reflux. We'll have her on medicine for awhile and see a doctor again and go from there. She did SO well after the procedure and made it home only getting sick once in the van. She's sleeping and should be back to normal in the next day or so. It's amazing how quickly kids recover...
5 comments:
I praise our Father, that she is ok.
Thanks...it just felt like one of those "duh" moments...She likes to make things exciting
So glad she's okay. That had to be terrible to go through.
Hannah.
I thing it's a kind of nightmare, it's one of my biggest fear... I'm so happy she's ok!
Oh my, Rachel. I just read this...glad she's ok....
Post a Comment