So, this is only the second year I will be making, serving, and recovering from a Thanksgiving dinner. We are staying home this Thanksgiving...it feels good to stay put for a holiday! Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with friends and family but I also like being at home, relaxing, and enjoying my own surroundings.
I'm always a little more sentimental around this time of the year because both of my girls were born after Thanksgiving--almost exactly two years apart. Life gets pretty crazy from this point on through New Year's, but it crazy FUN! Carissa and Jocelyn are really excited about their birthdays this year and equally as excited about Christmas.
I've got some of my Christmas shopping done already and already spent some of my own birthday money, but all around we are trying to save money to cover all the different people we buy for and cover traveling expenses too! I've been babysitting for about a month now and its been good so far. Carissa and Jocelyn have someone to play with besides each other and the little baby (whose 4 months old) is fun right now with his smiling and generally likes to be held--which is fine by me!
Well, that about sums up our lives right now. I have 5 classes left and will still hopefully graduate in May 2009--Lord willing (as my Grandma used to say!) and then I will be a little (just a little) less crazy.
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday!
2 comments:
We don't have a Thanksgiving day, but we wish a happy one to you and yr family. Btw, I LOVE yr new blog layout! SO CUTE!!!
you can get the templates at the website in the upper left corner of my blog. They are really cute!
Post a Comment