Monday, September 7, 2009

The Fair


So, tonight is the last night of the Tri-County Fair...we went with the girls to ride the rides on Friday night and then again last night. Thanks to my friend Pam, they got to go two nights (she had free wristband passes). And we didn't do to badly with too much "fair food" for any of us.

The girls rode quite a few rides last night, but one shocked me! Carissa and Jocelyn had both always had us slide down the big slide with them~not my favorite, but I do it for them! Well, after we (Carissa and I) went down once, she said, "Mom, I want to go down again~BUT by myself!" What?!?!?! Already?!?!?!?!!!!!! So, I reluctantly watched her climb the stairs by herself and she LOVED going down! She got to the top, waved to us, and down she went! She grinned the whole way down! I just couldn't believe it!

My girls are growing up...becoming more and more independent...I'm ready, but I'm not...is that wrong? I want them to learn how to do things on their own, but it all seems to happen so quickly!!!

The week was busy, fun, and exhausting...all at the same time! Brown County is one of my favorite times of the year and we're upon it! I love the time away, the time visiting with family and friends, and now I'm enjoying watching my children have fun with the same traditions I grew up with along the way!

Happy September Everyone!!!

No comments: