Tomorrow is Carissa's 100th day of school...she is SO excited. Ironically, tonight she said, "Mom, there's only 80 days of school left after tomorrow!" Isn't it funny how everything is a countdown? Before she started kindergarten the only thing she counted "down" to was her birthday...but now, she's already learning to countdown til the end of school. She asked me if I could write on her shirt the numbers 1-0-0 (in case I didn't know how to write 100). I didn't really want to write on one, so I took a few seconds to think about what I could do with the number 100...QUICK FIX for moms out there~I painted her nails and took white nail polish and wrote the numbers on her three middle fingers. She was ECSTATIC! It's tough to meet your child's expectations sometimes, but I like to think I'm getting there...
I'm in my second semester of graduate school...taking nine hours, but will be 1/4 of the way done after May...I'm hoping it doesn't take me as long as it did to get through college! It is more work, but I'm trying to focus on the end product~a master's degree and a better chance at a great job...
I've been trying to find new and creative ways to work on the girls' behaviors, attitudes, and issues with keeping their toys and clothes picked up...they seem to get angry at us which in turn makes us more frustrated. I know that my brother and I did not get along, but two girls are definitely a lot of emotions at one time! I love them and want them to be the best they can be...and I am determined to do what I can to make them two great little girls!
1 comment:
I totally hear you on the two girls being alot of emotions!!! We make our girls pick up all their toys each night. They can't have a bedtime snack until they do. They don't always like to clean up, but they always do it because they want the food! We started a Yes-Ma'am chart a couple of weeks ago. I got the idea from the Duggar book (the people with 20 kids). Every time you ask them to do something, they are expected to say "Yes Ma'am" and do it immediately and with a happy heart. Each time they comply, I put a mark on their chart and at the end of each day, they get a penny per mark. My girls have done great with this!
Post a Comment